Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Log Home Living - Second Time's The Charm



True North Log Homes customers Keith and Ann Bares in Minnesota discuss the selection, planning, building and furnishing of their second log home, which acts as a waterfront vacation getaway for them and their extended family in the February 2013 Edition of Log Home Living. As the story goes, the Bares fell in love with a True North log home model as they were driving one day. They worked with Rakow Construction to choose a log home design, which would best suit their needs. They say as they dug deeper they were particularly impressed by True North's patented log wall joinery system and zero air infiltration guarantee as theirs would be a year-round vacation destination.  Rakow proceeded to build a spectacular 1,924 square foot home with a large, walk-out lower level, wrap-around cedar deck and even a three-car garage (a must for Minnesota winters).



Inside, the Bares created a fantastic, traditional log cabin retreat they and their family will no doubt enjoy for years to come.
 



























The full Log Home Living article can be found here on the True North Log Homes website or will be available on newsstands shortly.

4 comments:

  1. If I could re-model my home, I would definately look into modeling my place like the log homes seen around my neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This log home is gorgeous! Once I acquire the money to build my own I am going to fill it with log furniture. This will make a wonderful winter cabin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something about log/wood structured homes or interiors just makes me feel so cozy!

    James | Log Homes

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an awesome log home. I wish I had something like this for a place for me to live at.

    ReplyDelete